Wild Child

Wild Child

Friday, May 11, 2012

From the Deep Black...







Enshrouded in a deep obscure sleep
enveloped in chronic blackness
as if called by a voice in the shadows,
I awaken to my own deep crying.
Drenched in the tears running down my face
sweat seeping from pores,
body is cold
as a block of frozen ice,
heaving chest gasping for air
densely weighted by emotions .
I am unable to shake this hold over me,
fear grips me tight strangling me,
feeling like near death.
Somehow shallow breaths guide me in complete utter darkness.
I suddenly see clearly;
heavy heart dragging crutches,
weakened by a long emotional journey;
indeed, a masking of the truth.
My gutsy galleon this night
harbors at the portal of my soul,
setting me free on a voyage
as the coarse grind of briny deep awaits me.
Forced to walk the plank
to dive into the depths of love’s chaos,
I peer below my shaking bare feet
past the gentle flowing of my nightgown,
softening glow of circling fins,
mesmerized by the monstrous beauty
of this freshly painted image,
wetting my thirsty desire.
I refuse to grab the crutches
for fear of sharks fending their next meal.
Baring more pain than I can handle,
releasing the shackles
I take that much needed step,
plunging into electrifying currents
toward the longing warm embrace
and desirous tender kiss.
Gouging deep into my gut
I gasp for breath again,
risking sanctuary,
trusting loyalty.
My spirit expands, lively clarity
calming my agony,
alleviating the pain.
Pain, so fresh and profound
resurfaced by a new angel,
I envision from the deep black
bringing what I see as the apocalypse.
My nemesis with the heart of blackness
forced to reckon with my demons
kept alive and fed by angst,
two forces tear me.
My faith is the test,
allowing my intuition
to reaffirm a trusted soul
already in place,
bringing to fruition
love again returned,
soul again nurtured,
life again to live.
Halcyon quickly revisits me;
warmth engulfs my body
lifting tension, dissipating into the night
I lean back,
rest my head against the pillow
closing my eyes.
Sensing graceful levitation,
serenity filling me once again,
knowing all will fall into place;
I quickly return to a tranquil sleep
fiercely gripping the noose
which tightly reigns around the shoulders of my courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment