Wild Child

Wild Child

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Rendezvous at Sunset P.4


As we shake hands we both laugh again and say in unison, “Nickname”…
“Obviously,” I say…
“Do you think we can act like it never happened?”…
“Nah, it’s too late for that,” he chuckles…
I look down and chuckle, too, like a schoolgirl…
When I look back up, he’s looking at me but I can see he’s monitoring my every move…
Curious, I think…
He likes paying attention to the details…
Time for my walk, I think to myself…
I say, “Nice meeting you but I want to go for a walk before the sun sets, I’ll see you around”…
He says, “Actually, I was planning to go for a run but a walk is cool, too”…
“Can I join you?”…
“Sure, if you promise to keep silent”…
“This is a day of solitude and relaxation for me”…
He grins, “No problem, I’m not a big talker anyway”…
“Perfect, I was curious about that end of the beach where the point is. Seems like a quiet and solitary spot”…
Somehow, it looks closer to the ocean I think to myself…
Obviously not…
We start walking and we’re silent…
It’s a beautiful beach…
It feels like this is the only place on earth…
You don’t see any other masses of land except singular large rocks, jagged and sharp…
Peering out of the ocean like they’re trying to escape into the sky…
The sun is behind us, so you see our shadows…
One tall, one short, his linear, mine curvaceous…
I take two steps for his every one…
Long thick legs, nice feet for a guy…
Don’t know too many people who can bronze like me…
His shoulders shimmer from the lotion mixed with his sweat and glare from the sun…
His face red and skin taught from the salt water…
Even his lips have color and look a little swollen…
Wonder what they taste like…
Wait a second! ...
He’s completely distracting me from the scenery…
He must feel me staring at him…
He’s looking forward though…
So, I think I’m good…
The sun is softening and the color of the sky is not so blue now…
Beautiful…

No comments:

Post a Comment