Wild Child

Wild Child

Monday, August 20, 2012

Mnemosyne's Transient Madness




Within me, dwells forgiveness
along side an endless devotion, the best half,
I thought was a part of me.

He lingers, caused discomfort
questioning happiness,  hovering cloud of new hues
harping at me, coerced answers painted by numbers.

Broken by betrayal, awoken at wake,
his beautiful beloved, flowing black cascades
gracing this earth on broken wings, her mortal angel.

Our years, layered endless kisses of hello and goodbye, lacking passion filled locked lips
trailing side by side footsteps, blanketed nightly cold foot caresses,
frost bitten indifference crushing fugacious blossoms of lust.

Wide eyed, crying, thrashing claws tearing my soul
excruciating, numbing, ears ringing
sounding alarm for the death of discontent.

Chaotic chambers, deeply running crimson
suffering lack of dissipated remorse,
resenting disconnection of our connection.

His energy, brush swirling bits of precious color,
carbon- set oil paint, canvas of my being, existent,
darkest soul, my bountiful beating heart.

My final goodbye, withered feelings blown weightless
opposite direction of my flowing heart, chosen path
believing, the best half of me, saw a dire death, do us part.

Gripped hands, chasing momentum
faded strokes of endless adoration, wanton cheeks germinating seeds of fervor,
visiting his tomb of bouquets, draped in memories of us.

Morbid reality, sharply striking,
piercing truth- forsaken and forlorn,
my eyes stinging salty recognition, moment of deja vu.

Vivid gazes, wandering stranger
soul searching pure relevance, but none found
no denial witnessing death, only a stranger, then I knew for sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment