Wild Child

Wild Child

Friday, November 30, 2012

Damsel in Distress P6.

 
“You look ravishing tonight. Good enough to devour”, he says…
His voice deeper then normal and almost eerie…
Not amused by his demeanor…
I giggle nervously…
“Oh Bill, you silly man ”…
He grabs a remote and turns on the radio…
Never taking his eyes off me…
He manages to find a jazz station…
He loves jazz…
“Perfect, sets the tone and matches my mood”, he whispers…
“Champagne, my sweet?”…
“That sounds lovely, I need to relax a bit”, I reply…
He goes to the bar and grabs a chilled bottle and proceeds to open it…
While he’s doing that I proceed to ask him…
“Where are we going anyway?”…
“The city” he replies…
“The city? Where in the city?”…
“No where in particular, maybe drive along the water”…
“That’s okay right? Thought we’d take advantage of the limo and enjoy each other’s company”, he asks…
“Yeah, I guess. Just a bit surprised is all. Not like you to do such surprises”…
“You’re, usually more”, I pause…
“Predictable?” he asks…
“Yes, I’m sorry”, I plead…
“No need to be. You’re absolutely right!”…
“I’m a creature of habit”, he replies almost sadly…
“Predictable is good. It makes me trust you so much more”, I say sincerely…
Placing enthusiasm behind my voice…
I would never want to break Bill's heart…
He pours the champagne…
Moves towards me…
Hands me my glass…
Sits down next to me…
“Let’s enjoy this ride”, he states…
“Sounds wonderful!”…
I raise my glass…
“To the sweetest of friends” I say, with pride…
“Cheers”, he says…
He puts his arm around me…
I cuddle along his chest and get comfy…
Tilt my head back a bit…
Resting on his shoulders…
Relax and sip my champagne…
As we drive through New York City…
We’re quiet for a bit…
The landscape is beautiful at night…
The lights…
The skyscrapers…

No comments:

Post a Comment