Wild Child

Wild Child

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Music For My Soul...

Music for my soul...I have a deep love for music. All kinds of music. I cannot go a day without listening to music. I learned to play the piano at 3 and the flute at 7, almost deciding to go to a music conservatory instead of college. I'd be a different Liz, so let me stay focused. Music has probably been my best friend through my separation of my ex-husband. Sounds sad, but it's not. Meaning, it filled a void for me that my family and friends could not. Music links all the emotional, spiritual and physical elements in my world. Probably the universe. I could play certain music based on my moods. If I was sad I could play something uplifting, or I could dwell in the sadness. The rhythm orders movement...almost demands it. My pulse shifts and it allows me to think clearly.  I cook to music. I write to music. I sculpt to music. I make love to music. I sleep to music. Music is known to enhance intelligence, learning and IQ. Who doesn't want that? I'll take a few notches of extra smarts any day!

Music for my soul...
Makes me whole...
Filling my soul...
Let's rock and roll...

-Liz  = )

1 comment:

  1. I will shout it to the world:

    I LOVE MUSIC

    Like you, music fills my life. I am rarely without music.

    -H

    ReplyDelete