Wild Child

Wild Child

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Consumed...

Consumed... By long drawn out periods of silence. Words are very important, but silence can say even more than you can imagine. My secrets, the secret feelings of my heart and mind that is, weighing a heavy burden on my soul. How clandestine will it remain? Depends... affairs of the heart are not easily kept under wraps. My soul, it's only true authority, and acting of its own accord. At times the silence feels secure, wrapping me in a blanket of withdrawal and allowing me to  talk to myself. A worthwhile proposition versus having to explain juicy tidbits from my sensory overload to others. Sounds crazy? No can do... It's just the solitude is greatly nourishing my artistic soul in positive ways.  Nothing wrong with spending quality time with myself, enjoying quiet comfortable surroundings. I urgently and passionately desire to act on the dictates of my emotions rather than reason.  I embrace change without having to look over my shoulder. Occasionally, it taps me and reminds me it's still there, not going anywhere. I grin at my past like a dear old friend, grateful for his company.  I am pulled forward excitedly to new people, new things, new places. My gut reaction cautious, the pace of it all is my true struggle. Rather than sticking out my lower lip like an obstinate little child, I smile and face my new friend...future, his hands strong and re-assuring.
The glimmer in my eye...
The smirk on my face...
Is me being focused...
Consumed...

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment