Wild Child

Wild Child

Monday, January 9, 2012

Crooked Smile...

Crooked smile...mine right now, sometimes it's just so difficult. I can sometimes take myself too seriously, although I have a good sense of humor. Especially when I'm passionate about someone or something. I give a damn, so damn me for giving a shit!!! That passion, I would never give up for the world! It drives me to be me, vocal and expressive. When I keep it in, I do myself an injustice because I create more distress over a sense of disharmony. Before I got divorce, I took a lot of things for granted. I was never inclined to avoid serious discussions or have necessary disagreements, regardless of the impact it may have had. I'm not a fearful person in that sense, I like to keep it real. Honesty or sharing of feelings is never meant to be hurtful. Feedback is a gift, whether we want to hear it or not, whether we want to say it or not. Anyone connected with me always knew where I stood on topics or where they stood in my life. My emotional responses now, are deeper and more intense. Provoked by my emanate regret of past failures I look to avoid repeating. My hibernating heap of a love life, more in tune as a comedic skit only threatens to poke fun of the shortcomings of men, women and our attempts at loving passion. What I have learned, is to see the funny side of things. The alignment of my thoughts like a rigid balance beam, while my feelings are pounded by the relentless determination to control the flips. Hysterically, surrendering to the humor of it all, somehow makes it seem funnier. The joke is, we're the comedians. Writing our own skits and lame punchlines, when it's as simple as eliminating something from your life, like stale attitudes or stymied behaviors. So what else can one really do except laugh and realize it's not so bad after all, it can be resuscitated. I'd rather laugh than cry, achingly hard.
The laugh will spark smiles...
The smile will lighten things up...
Anytime is a good time to lighten up...
Even if it's with a crooked smile...

-Liz  = )

2 comments:

  1. Liz...its you..I guess..buts its cute.
    Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...me no makeup, after the beach. That's what I look like.

    ReplyDelete