Wild Child

Wild Child

Monday, June 11, 2012

On the Edge...



Life has me, misplaced
teetering on… the edge.

Never understood the drastic measures of others, their glass half empty
souls trapped in shot glasses, consuming ounces of courage
greeting their friends, sun and moon.

Life has me, confused
feeling, and…the point?

Never understood the desperate steps of others, their unlocked incarceration
bodies seduced by euphoric gases, pumping extinguishing fuel
reaching their end destination, direction unknown.

Life has me, enraged
fighting any…that oppose.

Never understood the cowardly behaviors of others, their weak excuses
minds lost in fantasy worlds, encouraging greed and hate
blinding honor in truth, real meaning.

Life has me, warped fleeing
from…the future.

Never understood the misleading words of others, their aversion of adoration, hearts convinced of greener grasses
blasting bodacious curves, filling ravenous appetites seeking obscure lust.
 
Life has me, present
teetering on… the edge, but
life has me, more alive
in…the moment.

Now understanding the true measures of myself to others
their connection to me, souls impacted by actions
affecting relationships, understanding our adulating dynamics.

No comments:

Post a Comment