Wild Child

Wild Child

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bitten...Dark Erotic Stories, edited by Susie Bright

          Prior to publishing my book, I intentionally did not read any erotica. You would think, I would have done the opposite.  I already knew that my expressive writing style was different than what was out there. Usually, an intelligent writer will research their market first and see what's doing well or where the void is...and fill that void. Aside from loving your art form and naturally wanting to do it because that's where your talent lies, your passion lies and your desire to create lies...ultimately, this is our livelihood...being able to live off the sweat of our backs, so to speak. Easier said than done. 
          I mention this because, it is blatantly obvious that all of these writers chosen to be compiled in this book are extremely talented. When reading is effortless and enjoyable, you know it was a job well done. Imagination takes flight in all sorts of stories, stemming from the darkest sides of our souls, hearts and minds. Sexuality has so much depth, maybe more than most of us ever contemplated. It all seeps from our pores in distinct formations as a result of our own experiences in life, good and evil. How do you know what's out there? Where do you begin to explore? Do you really see sexuality for what it really is or what it really can be? 
         I recommend this book. Short stories are great to just pick and read at any moment you have time. You can start a story and complete it in that session. I became extremely aroused on several occasions, to the point that I had to put the book down. As a writer, I can arouse myself when I write my own stories and that is part of the goal...no? Besides entertaining also? These stories opened my mind to other possibilities...with sex as well as with future writings I may choose to do. Reading is a safe way to do some exploration...if your curious. Curiosity may kill the cat...but in this case, it will only enlighten you and entertain you.
Worth picking up!
I was smitten...by Bitten.

     -Liz

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to find your review here! Tell me a couple of your favorite stories... I know the authors would be thrilled to hear.

    Your Teddy Bear Sundae reader, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hello there...

    I enjoyed them all for sure, wonderful and diverse selection!
    Favorites would be The Devil's' Invisible Scissors, The Resurrection Rose, The Unfamiliar, The Rookery, Master Sarah and Lay Me Out Softly.

    I loved The Resurrection Rose, that one aroused me the most!

    -Liz

    ReplyDelete