Wild Child

Wild Child

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Change this...

Change this...Why again? For you? When does it stop? Wait, wait, wait, wait... It doesn't work that way! I''m not changing who I am! And...I don't want to change you either! I want to understand you. What makes you tick. Your way. Your behavior. Your idiosyncrasies. Your thought processes. I don't want you to stop being you! I dig you, remember? I'm not the chic who wants to change her man. What's the point of that? If I was drawn to you than I need to trust my own judgment, right? The chic who tries to change her man has issues. The perfect man does not exist, nor does the perfect woman. The perfect man or women for you, on the other hand is a different story. But, I want my man and my friend to make the small important changes that require us to grow together. Which means...I'm making them too. The desire to do this, is natural and selfless because there's nothing you want more than to be with this person and nurture "US". If you have to sell yourself...your shit out of luck. If it feels like effort... your shit out of luck. If one of you puts more into it than the other...your shit out of luck. Meaning...You need to have the attitude...I don't have to sell myself. You either dig me or you don't. I either dig you or I don't. Otherwise...keep it moving. Why be with someone who doesn't reciprocate the same feelings and same actions? Somebody out there wants you...all of you! This shit is not going down!!! 

Change this...
How about the direction of my body leaving? ...
-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment