Wild Child

Wild Child

Friday, October 7, 2011

"Ex-Wifey"



I was your friend
Before...

I was your lover
Remember how...
We were as thick as thieves?
You couldn't part us
With a knife
We were so lovey dovey
Touchy feely
As young hearts can be
Like peanut butter and jelly
Sticky gooey
Sweet salty
Lickable edible kisses
That
Drove our hunger for each other
And filled our cravings

I was your lover
Before...

I was your wifey
Remember how...
We'd take long strolls in the park?
You would cuddle on my lap
While
I caressed your hair
You stared into my eyes
Until I smiled
We were so excited
About life
About us
You promised me
The world
Listening to tunes on the boom box
Love songs
That
Touched our hearts
And
 "Always & Forever"
Became our song...

I was your wifey
Before...

I was your Ex
Remember how...
We were constantly making love?
I couldn't keep you off me
Even when
We can home with our first-born
Young and broke
One rose is how you graced me
And
You asked me, "What was for dinner?"
It made me so mad!
I teased you about it for years
And
You more than made up for it
By
Loving me unconditionally
And
Passionately


I am...
 Your Ex now
Before...


I was it all to you
Remember how? ...
You used poetic words
To express your feelings
Promises of
An eternity of happiness
How
We shall endure and shine
How
I was everything to you
That
You would try your hardest to keep me yours
That
We were the rainbows
And
At the end was the pot of gold

Remember? ...

No
Of course not...
The love of our lives
Lost
Deep in the sea of your soul
 In the Bermuda Triangle of emotions
Dire searches proved the depth
Of
The unfathomable
...That...

She no longer exists
But
I did find
This
Amazing new person
Far better
Than
The one that existed with you
Not...
So pleased to meet you!
Known to you
As...
"Ex-wifey"

No comments:

Post a Comment