Wild Child

Wild Child

Saturday, April 21, 2012

FOR THE LOVE OF WORDS

      Since I can remember, I always loved to read. It could be anything. My father was an avid reader. One of the most intelligent people I know, studied at John Jay. Retired NYC detective and Security Lieutenant  for NY Stock Exchange. It was because of him I learned to appreciate Patterson, Clancy, Grisham, and Crichton. My reading went into other genres as well, from romance as a younger girl to horror and beyond. While my friends were reading romance still as young women, I was reading espionage, political plots and crime novels. I remember how engrossed I would get in a book, never wanting to put it down. Allowing myself to escape into another world. A realm alive with action, drama and amazing characters. I'd bang out a book in two days if it was good.  Words...are amazing!!! If written well can stir emotions, concoct visions in your head and create deep soulful connections. My passion for the word never left me, but I abandoned them in a life I was busy living.
    So, I decided it was time to start really reading again. All my available time is invested in writing and art, although even my artwork has somewhat taken a back seat. Liz will have to balance and schedule her time to do ALL the things she wants! I'll make it happen too. But, I thought It would be great to share my experiences in my book reading by giving reviews and summaries. Initially, I thought it would be wise to just review erotica. I realize it may be a bit much to have my head in sex 24-7, it gets me a bit twisted...okay, a lot twisted! So I need a breather occasionally. So...for the love of words...for the love of fantasies...for the love of excitement...for the love of thrillers...for the love, I shall once again live in the minds of others.
As a lover in your heart...
And...
As some of you share in my mind...
And...
Our world...
For the love of words...
-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment