Wild Child

Wild Child

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Wingman's Doing: Part 5


“You couldn’t ask for a better wingman”…
“He’s cute, was a marine, 40 and single”…
“He so likes you, it’s obvious”…
The waiter quickly brings my tequila…
I respond, “I don’t know. I just don’t know”…
“I think you need to go for it!”…
Waiter comes back with my drink…
LL is looking at me, waiting for a response…
I don’t even bother with the lime and salt this time, I just drink it quickly…
“I don’t know, we’ll see” I say…
“You better get his number or I will!”…
“He’s coming and I think I’m going to find someone to dance with. See ya!”…
She shakes her booty all the way to the dance floor…
He parks himself next to me…
We just look at each other…
Almost, not sure of what to say…
A bit of awkward silence passes…
“I just want to apologize for my friend, she’s been trying to set me up with guys”…
“I don’t believe what she said”, he replies…
“What, that I’m single?”…
“Yeah”…
“It’s true, really”…
“Was it recent? He asks…
“Last summer”…
“You’re too fine to be alone”…
“Thanks”, I blush…

No comments:

Post a Comment