Wild Child

Wild Child

Friday, April 22, 2011

I'm Listening...

I know you think I'm not paying attention to you, but I am. My mind is intercepting the information you're feeding me and processing it very quickly. Yes, you got it...multitasking. What I'm realizing is, how two individuals can have such a different interaction based off the same conversation. How you can be so emotionally involved while I'm so emotionally detached or vice versa. The dynamics of a relationship fall between the two ends of the spectrum. Let's say one end if fully engaged and the other not engaged at all. You can both be non-engaged and become engaged,  slowly move through the spectrum towards the middle...key here is moving in the same direction and being in the same place at the same time mentally/emotionally to connect. Or, if one is very engaged in the other person while one is not...there is that possibility as they move towards the center that they make a connection. Or, okay well I could give many scenarios, but I won't. It's disappointing when the excitement and energy exists for only one...what does the other person do? Work towards the connection while the desire is lacking and hope that maybe possibly shoulda woulda coulda...will happen?  Keep it moving and just disregard? See...what I'm getting at is, that you are a reflection of the other person. Your energies bounce off each other. Excitement, lust, love, laughter, whatever it may be...they feel as a result of you and thus reciprocate it. Regardless of what you may feel, it exists, it occurs, it matters. Do we embrace it, understand it and evolve into... It? It being...a friendship vs. a love affair, for example. Is a connection supposed to happen? Are we meant to give something to each other? Something lacking? Something learned? Do we ever take the time to find out? Should we? Maybe I'm being too deep...I don't know. Out of the thousands of people we will interact with in our lifetime, I can' help but think that when we make certain connections with people...there is a deeper meaning to it. Consciously we just don't see it or get it, if only we did. What did you say? Yes, I'm listening....
-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment