Wild Child

Wild Child

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mmmm Mmmm Good...

Lots of goodness going on here. You know? When you're feeling amazing and on top of the world. That's the vibe I'm feeling here. Got that big cheesy smile going on...lol! I don't care what negativity goes down, it's not taking me down with it. I would even kiss my worst enemy, not that I have any but if I did they would get some goooood lovin' too! My euphoria stems from an accomplishment I've had,  the completion of my first book!!! I've always had a love for writing since my college days. Who knew I'd write a book. It took something tragic like my divorce, to drive out a passion in me like I never knew. Well, I knew I had the passion, I knew I loved to write, and I certainly knew I was always expressive. What was different was that it was on auto-pilot, it felt more like I was going for a ride than driving the car. I have a friend who I adore, tell me that I was torturing myself and choosing to dwell in a hot stinking mess. That the tortured art syndrome was bullshit! He's a pretty smart guy and insightful at times. The point of his comment was that, when I let go and find love,  my real art will flourish because it will be based in love. Beautiful huh? I agree, but I also know that from my own experience that art or creativity stems from both spectrums. All those emotions in between love and hate dwell in us, thrive in us and come to fruition through us in many forms. The day I find love again...well, I'm not looking for it. The desire is there, but it's not in the forefront of my mind driving me everyday to find it, or I'd probably be depressed. I know from experience when you least expect it, it smacks you in the face and hits you hard like a fresh new pair of leather gloves. So...when cupid decides it's my time and this love graces me again, I look forward to how it will impact my art. If indeed it flourishes more intensely in love, then I look forward to what my mind shall imagine and my hands write in words and create in my art.
Peace and love...
-Liz
*Any thoughts???

No comments:

Post a Comment