Wild Child

Wild Child

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Stigma of Writing Erotica....

I came across this article written by Petula Caesar, author of published erotica. 
Although my story is not like hers, I completely was able to empathize with some of the poignant points she discussed. Society has this distorted view of sex because of how sex is exposed and manifested in the media. There is a stigma attached to writing erotica, but I have yet to experience that. Probably because I'm green and I haven't felt any lash back yet. Again, as an artist, I did not choose to write this...it chose me, it speaks to me , therefore I write it. I hope it speaks to others and touches others. I will continue to write it until something else moves me more. If you have time for a quick read, check out the link below...

http://cpgo.citypaper.com/printstory.asp?id=12703

Share your thoughts???
-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment