Wild Child

Wild Child

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Lift Me Up...

My life is upside down...literally and figuratively. With a void in my life I don't reach out anymore for others although I probably should, especially when I need them. I'm such a proud person in the sense that I set very high standards for myself. Failure is not an option. So my self-esteem went down the drain when my ex and I broke off. WOW, I failed huge!!! Of course it takes two to make and break a marriage and by no means did I put it fully on myself. In my previous career I made mistakes, had pitfalls, tripped  plenty of times...took many steps back to step forward again and succeed. That's how we grow and learn, the learning never stops! I went through a long period of solitude. Many interpreted it as sulking, holding on to him, festering in toxic sewage as well as not wanting to move forward. Inwardly, I laughed at all of these things. They didn't get it at all. For the first time in my life since I was a teenager I was doing me...nurturing myself back to full health in all aspects so to speak. All I needed was time.  I still need time. I had so much stuff pent up inside for so long I exploded, spending endless hours burning off restless energy. I'd work out, write and sculpt for hours. Lost track of time. Lost my appetite except that I was hungry for my art, hungry to express myself and especially hungry for loving ; ).   I'm a strong woman you have no idea...but sometimes I just don't want to be. So what I'm saying is...if you reach out your arm to me and lift me up, I just may grab your hand for support...
-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment