Wild Child

Wild Child

Sunday, March 20, 2011

"My Ginger Snap"

Tell me why I go back for more
The addiction is more then I can stand
I am obsessed with my fiery red head
Highly addictive to all my senses
She makes my love for her fulfilling
The nutmeg to my biscuit
Igniting the flames within me
I am consumed with her buttery complexion
Losing self-control over myself
She makes my desire for her more tempting
Her flavor always melts in my mouth
In my impatience of my longing
The urge takes over me
I reach to grab her greedily
Fierce eyes gazing back at me with contempt
Twice baked anger proving to be crispy
Making me a peppery nut
Enslaved to her highly addictive nature
I ignore the caution alerted to my mind
Instinctively following my heart
For the love I carry for my sweet molasses
Reaching in closer to inhale her robust aroma
I take one quick aggressive bite
Overwhelmed with the smoothness of her form
Slowly enjoying the texture of her essence
Her sugary sweetness all I’ll ever desire
I close my eyes to my surroundings
Completely engrossed and self-absorbed
She snaps back with her intense heat
Burning me for my languorous will power
Disgusted with my sloth
Lamenting my own deplorable behavior
I hang my head in defeat
A moment later an epiphany in my eye
I look up with a gleam
Realizing there will never be a grievous heartbreak
For there is nothing inartificial about my Ginger
She knows my love runs deep
My addiction to her deeper
Cravings never subsiding everlasting
For what goes better with sugar?
Then spice…

2 comments:

  1. Thanks!!! I think one of my favorites. My friend calls his woman Ginger Snap and when I heard it the first time, I couldn't resist. This poem popped in my head. It was fun to write...Liz

    ReplyDelete