Wild Child

Wild Child

Monday, June 27, 2011

In the Dark...

There is nothing I despise more, than to be left in the dark. People imply how important it is to be spontaneous, go with the flow and live this day as if it were your last...yada yada yada, blah blah blah. It's also important to have a sense of your time, your responsibilities and your commitments. To yourself, as well as to others. It's something I like to call principle and integrity. Principle are the laws you govern your life by and should be the center of your life. Have you ever made a promise to yourself and didn't keep it? Say...a new year's resolution. I'm not a believer in them. Time of year has no importance. I understand the start fresh concept, but to keep a promise to yourself should be done when it's important in your life to do...regardless. Point is this...If you can't make and keep a promise to yourself, a commitment... than how can you to others? We've all put aside our own needs for others and sometimes that's honorable, but not if it's detrimental to yourself in the long run. When you do keep commitments to yourself and accomplish them, your own integrity goes up. It feels amazing, even if it was one of the toughest things you ever had to do. The outcome of that is...you strengthen your own independent will. Meaning...you trust yourself more in your ability to walk the talk. So...I say,  I despise being left in the dark... obviously I'm not doing it to myself. When is it too soon or too late to let go of an expectation that you have of another? Is it unrealistic to have an expectation at all? When do you share and voice your concerns? Do you risk the possibility of an important loss? Does this mean, that ultimately you can only rely on yourself in your lifetime? I mean...I have faith in people still, but I have more faith in myself first for my happiness. Certainly none of us want to be alone, we are not meant to be alone.  I don't know all the answers...I'm just thinking out loud. I will say, if you like the dark...you best have a damn flashlight!
You've underestimated who your dealing with...
Don't expect me to follow ...
I like seeing where the hell I'm going ...

-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment