Wild Child

Wild Child

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Slow Sippin'

 

     So I followed some paths and came across the work of this poet, named Chris Styles.  He writes urban poetry. Brooklyn Boy...with much flare and big heart for writing. As with most writers, something dramatic or traumatic happens...an event that magnifies and amplifies feelings, that compels a poet/author to write. Love...seems to touch us all, there's no escaping it. I really enjoyed reading his poetry. It's refreshing, honest, raw, real, touching, funny, sad and sexy. He is indeed, quite witty!
     Some of us look our entire lives for THE RIGHT ONE, and never find it. Some of us find the right one and lose them, but what's interesting are the "stories" entwined in the ever-growing vine of love. Each different and unique. Question here is...why do we make such great friends and lose that when we become lovers? Why does a friendship evolve into a relationship? He eloquently breaks down the stages of a relationship into: Nice to meet you (intro to a new love interest and being ready emotionally), love raw and uncut, (falling in love-our senses giving way to emotions as opposed to common sense) pain (love's alter ego, a difficult feeling to deal with on any level), and erotic me (mental sex-speaking to the soul and how the body follows).
     You will definitely be able to connect to his feelings and his situations, which in fact, are ours as well. His poetry makes me reflect on my own life and the love within it. As to relationships, I believe that a love relationship, true love...is always based in friendship. The key is to balance that, where both the friend and the lover can exist because than you're getting the best of both worlds. The best of him and the best of her. Every so often, I go back and read a poem again. What I find, is that I learn something new each time. Gaining more insight and understanding of the meaning of the poem. Even, insight into the male mind. I recommend this book, I especially recommend reading it while your relaxing and doing some slow sippin'.
For the love of words...
; ) Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment