Wild Child

Wild Child

Thursday, June 9, 2011

What's on your mind? ...

So, what's on your mind, my man? Talk to me...I mean, I don't mind silence. Silence actually shows comfort. It shows understanding. It shows we're at a level of mutual respect. It doesn't have to feel awkward, in fact good silence doesn't. But...silence can also tell me that something's on your mind. Your discomfort in talking, tells me your afraid to overstep a boundary for fear of pushing me away, for fear of rejection or fear of moving forward. Either way, something's got to give. Say what you mean, mean what you say.  Say what you feel, feel what you say. Certainly do not fear my response. Discussion is the most important piece of this...so I may understand you and you may understand me. We can take it from there...fair enough?
So, let's try this again. What's on your mind?
Pause...
I am? 
Hahaha...
This is going to harder than I thought...
-Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment